All entries tagged »pelican«

Setting up xapian omega search with pelican

Thu 2014-07-31

In the following article I describe the method by which I set up omega for the search function of this site. Omega is the premade search solution of the Xapian project, which it uses as a backend.

One might argue that using a server-side solution for searching a static site contradicts using statically generated pages in the first place, but at my hoster custom cgi could be run so it decided to give it a go.

The following guide covers installation and configuration of omega as well as the modifications I made to the pelican theme to include a search box in the navigation bar. Finally I modified the Makefile to re-index the site every time it is synchronised with rsync.

Read More

Tags: